On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 4:38 PM, C. Titus Brown <c...@msu.edu> wrote:
[megasnip]
> roundup VCS integration / build tools to support core development --
>        a single student proposed both of these and has received some
>        support.  See http://slexy.org/view/s2pFgWxufI for details.

>From the listed webpage I have no idea what he is promising (a
combination of very high level and very low level tasks).  If he is
offering all the same magic for Hg that Trac does for SVN (autolinking
"r2001" text to patches, for example) then I'm +1.  That should be
cake even for a student project.

He says vague things about patches too, but I'm not sure what.  If he
wanted to make that into a 'patchbot' that just applied every patch in
isolation and ran 'make && make test' and posted results in the
tracker I'd be a happy camper.

But maybe those are goals for next year, because I'm not quite sure
what the proposal is.

-Jack