On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Daniel Stutzbach
<dan...@stutzbachenterprises.com> wrote:
> If you make the change, will 3rd party code that relies on it fail in
> unexpected ways, or will they just get a compile error?

I *think* that third party code that's recompiled for 3.1 and that
doesn't use the closure field will either just work, or will produce an
easily-fixed compile error.  Larry, does this sound right?

But I guess the bigger issue is that extensions already compiled against 3.0
that use PyGetSetDef (even if they don't make use of the closure field)
won't work with 3.1 without a recompile:  they'll segfault, or otherwise behave
unpredictably.

If that's not considered a problem, then surely we ought to be getting rid of
tp_reserved?

Mark