On approximately 5/16/2009 1:08 PM, came the following characters from the keyboard of Martin v. Löwis:
Alexander Shigin wrote:
В Сбт, 16/05/2009 в 14:58 -0400, P.J. Eby пишет:
";" *is* valid in Windows filenames, actually.  Tabs aresn't.
I was sure ';' is separator for PATH in Windows. Do I miss something?

Yes, this:

Well, maybe he was missing that, or maybe he was missing that each entry in the Windows PATH is allowed to be quoted, so that ; characters inside quotes are part of path names, and ; characters outside of quotes are separators.

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/