On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 12:04, Paul Moore<p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Given that my preference is to use Unix-style EOL for "text" files on
> Windows, as every text editor I use (barring notepad!) understands LF
> format, it seems to me that this proposal also means that the hook
> would be optional for me. That suits me fine - I'd prefer to avoid
> having hooks that are required for Python checkouts, as that means I
> have to remember to configure them on each clone (IIUC).

Yeah, this may also be what's making it harder for me to understand
the issues. I am actually a Windows user, although I do most of my
development on Linux servers through PuTTY. I just always make sure I
use editors that respect the file's line endings, and so for those
things where I've used hg to version code on Windows (for example,
when testing a Firefox extension) and when my colleague who does edit
his code inside Windows, I've just used editors that deal with line
endings. Typically, in my case, that was either Notepad2 (an awesomely
light-weight Notepad replacement) or Komodo (Edit). That solved all of
my issues, so I haven't had a need for win32text so far.

Cheers,

Dirkjan