At 08:23 PM 10/7/2009 +0000, Vinay Sajip wrote:
P.J. Eby writes:

> * Distribute 0.6.x is a stable maintenance branch, much like setuptools 0.6

I'm new to this particular discussion so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,
but ISTM that Distribute 0.6.x differs markedly from setuptools 0.6 in that the
former has an active maintainer and the latter does not, or am I wrong about
that?

That depends on how you define "active". I haven't resigned, nor do I plan to. There's simply a long mean time between releases at the moment, and some people feel that it's too long. That's certainly their prerogative, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with such characterizations.