Barry Warsaw <ba...@python.org> writes:

> On Jan 20, 2010, at 03:29 PM, David Lyon wrote:
> >So here I am as a user doing things the 'right' way.
>
> Actually, you're not. It's not up to the Python community to initiate
> this. If you really want this, you should engage with the relevant
> DVCS communities and push them to request it.

Where “push” must be strictly limited by a continual awareness that the
whole idea could just be bad.

If you find yourself in a tiny minority pushing for a change, it *could*
be that you have a great idea and the vast majority don't realise it
yet. But you must be realistic about the likelihood that the change is a
very *bad* idea, and frequently evaluate it for signs of that.

--
 \     “I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in |
  `\   my body. Then I realized who was telling me this.” —Emo Philips |