On 09:39 pm, solip...@pitrou.net wrote:
<skip <at> pobox.com> writes:

Sean> However, I will step up for him and say that I've known him a Sean> decade, and he's very trustworthy. He has been the president (we Sean> call that position Maximum Leader) of our Linux Users Group here
    Sean> for 5 years or so.

Given that Sean is vouching for him I'm fine with it.

I'm not sure I agree. Of course it could be argued the risk is minimal, but I think it's better if all people go through the same path of proving their
motivation and quality of work.
And if there's something wrong with that process we'd better address it than
give random privileges to people we like :)

+1

As others have said, I don't have any problem with Sean's judgement. That's not what's being questioned here.

Jean-Paul