Steven D'Aprano <steve <at> pearwood.info> writes:

> That depends on what you call unglamourous work. No, I don't triage
> bugs. I don't have commit privileges, so I can't.

Is this the sole reason? You could try to review patches which are proposed, or
give advice where you are competent. As Terry (I believe) said, it's certainly
as useful as changing form values and checkboxes :)

By the way, it isn't about commit privileges, but tracker rights. I don't think
we would consider giving commit rights to someone who hasn't ever participated
in the community, and apparently isn't a Python user.

Regards

Antoine.