On Jun 22, 2010, at 5:14 PM, Craig Younkins wrote:

I suggest rewording the documentation for the method making it more clear what it should and should not be used for. I would like to see the method changed to properly escape single-quotes, but if it is not changed, the documentation should explicitly say this method does not make input safe for inclusion in HTML.

Well, it *does* make the input safe for inclusion in HTML...in a double-quoted attribute.

The docs could make it clearer that you should always use double- quotes around your attribute values when using it, though, I agree.