2010/7/14 Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu>:
> On 7/14/2010 2:35 AM, Giampaolo Rodolà wrote:
>>
>> One of the main problems with IDLE is the lack of tabs for editing
>> multiple files within the same window.
>> Having that alone would be a great improvement.
>
> Yes, the same as tabs for browsing was.
>
> This is firstly an unlying gui widget set issue. Tk does not, as far as I
> know, have a tabbed document widget. Ttk has a new Notebook widget, with
> tabs.

I have worked on this before, and I can tell you that simply changing
to ttk widgets is the easiest part. My recommendation, that you are
free to ignore (especially if you want to skip this previous work),
is: as a first step change the EditWindow to act more like a EditPage.
That is, you should be able to instantiate a EditWindow and include
this new EditPage on it (as a child or something else that you may
imagine).

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves