On 04/08/2010 11.36, Tim Golden wrote:
On 04/08/2010 05:34, Mark Hammond wrote:
On 4/08/2010 11:08 AM, Steve Holden wrote:
It's a little disappointing to discover that despite the relatively
large number of developers who have received MSDN licenses from
Microsoft, none if us have the time to make sure that the buildbots are
green for the 2.6.6 release.

I wonder if anyone can think of a way we can get some Windows skillz
into the group that could assist at ties like this. Some brainstorming
might find a way through.

I never go looking at the buildbots to look for problems - maybe some
way of explicitly bringing such failures to peoples attention would be
good

Agree with that. This page looks hopeful:

  http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/

with Atom/RSS feeds and an XML-RPC interface. I've subscribed to the
RSS feeed which is -- from my perspective -- quite noisy. One could
do something with the xml-rpc according to this:

  http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/0.7.11/#XMLRPC-server

but does anyone know how easy it would be use setup a mail notifier
to go to a specific Python mailing list on failure? I've looked at
mail.python.org and Googled around and I can't see something which
already does this, but I'm very happy to be wrong...

There seems to be some previous discussion:

  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-October/069617.html

but no sign of an outcome.

TJG

FWIW there's also http://code.google.com/p/bbreport/source/checkout
We were planning to use bbreport to create weekly summary and mail them to python-dev, but someone should write some code (I could do that but it's quite low in my to-do list) and make it run once a week.

Best Regards,
Ezio Melotti