Hi,

I wonder if situation with relative imports in packages is improved in
Python 3k or
we are still doomed to a chain of hacks?

My user story:
I am currently debugging project, which consists of many modules in one package.
Each module has tests or other useful stuff for debug in its main
section, but it is a
disaster to use it, because I can't just execute the module file and
expect it to find
relatives. All imports are like:

from spyderlib.config import get_icon
from spyderlib.utils.qthelpers import translate, add_actions, create_action

PEP 328 http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0328/  proposes:

from ... import config
from ..utils.qthelpers import translate, add_actions, create_action

But this doesn't work, and I couldn't find any short user level
explanation why it is
not possible to make this work at least in Py3k without additional magic.

--
anatoly t.