On 25/09/2010 20:12, Paul Boddie wrote:
[snip...]
Guido van Rossum wrote:
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Michael Foord

<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>  wrote:
Wiki maintenance is discussed, along with other python.org maintenance
topics, on the pydotorg-www mailing list:

Which has hidden its membership (even to members). Does it really need
to appear that secretive? At least the message archive is open and has
all the usual suspects.
As we're now seeing, people don't feel that it's acceptable to publish the
subscribers list,

To be fair, quite a few people said they thought it was fine / a good thing. A couple (maybe 3?) said that as the list was originally advertised with the member list hidden it would be unfair to change. So based on responses, more people think it *is* acceptable.

So long as we give notice for the change, so that anyone who doesn't want their name associated with the list can unsubscribe, I don't see why there should be a problem.

All the best,

Michael

and I think that it's a complete distraction to seek to do
so, anyway. It's not as if everyone on that list has special privileges and
is preventing newcomers from joining it.

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of
your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any
and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap,
clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and
acceptable use policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without
prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you
have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your
employer.