> For example, it might be interesting to bring old release
> tags in line with newer tags (so Release_1_0 would become r10), or
> maybe use clean tags similar to what we do with hg itself (r266 would
> become just 2.6.6), or just remove some tags. Is this a good idea at
> all, or should we just leave everything the way it is now?

Removing tags sounds fine with me. Renaming them not so; I fail to see
the point.

> before-ast-merge-to-head
> mrg_to_ast-branch_15OCT05

These could go, IMO. Anything that's there for merge maintenance can
go, IMO.

> IDLE-syntax-root

This one can go as well. In general, I propose to remove all tags which
aren't copies of trunk or some branch (i.e. tagging only a part of the
Python source tree). I suppose hg can't represent that adequately,
anyway (they often come from CVS, and even CVS can only barely represent
tags that cover only one or a few files).

Regards,
Martin