On Nov 6, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> So I don't recall a decision that there shouldn't be a python2
> binary,

The decision to make one would have to be an active decision, since Python has
never installed one before. If there should be one, then the Python Makefile
should make one by default.

> nor a decision that anything is done indefinitely
> (it may be that the decision was actually just about 3.1 - changing
> it again for 3.2 would require another decision, but certainly can't
> be ruled out categorically).

When I said "indefinite", I meant "until some point in the future not yet
determined", with an implied undertone of "not anytime soon".

James