Alexander Belopolsky wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 5:42 PM, M.-A. Lemburg <m...@egenix.com> wrote:
> ..
>> I don't see why the language spec should limit the wealth of number
>> formats supported by float().
>>

> The Language Spec (whatever it is) should not, but hopefully the
> Library Reference should.  If you follow
> http://docs.python.org/dev/py3k/library/functions.html#float link and
> the references therein, you'll end up with

... the language spec again :-)

> digit          ::=  "0"..."9"
>
> http://docs.python.org/dev/py3k/reference/lexical_analysis.html#grammar-token-digit

That's obviously a bug in the documentation, since the Python 2.7 docs
don't mention any such relationship to the language spec:

http://docs.python.org/library/functions.html#float

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 29 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/