On 11/30/2010 3:23 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

I see no reason not to make a similar promise for numeric literals.  I
see no good reason to allow compatibility full-width Japanese "ASCII"
numerals or Arabic cursive numerals in "for i in range(...)" for
example.

I do not think that anyone, at least not me, has argued for anything other than 0-9 digits (or 0-f for hex) in literals in program code. The only issue is whether non-programmer *users* should be able to use their native digits in applications in response to input prompts.

--
Terry Jan Reedy