On 12/2/2010 4:32 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM, terry.reedy<python-check...@python.org>  wrote:
(except I did not write most of the patch)

+   If
+   the target directory with the same mode as we specified already exists,
+   raises an :exc:`OSError` exception if *exist_ok* is False, otherwise no
+   exception is raised.  If the directory cannot be created in other cases,
+   raises an :exc:`OSError` exception.

I would suggest being explicit here that "directory exists, but has a
mode other than the one requested" always triggers an exception.
Perhaps something like the following:

"Raises an :exc:`OSError` exception if the target directory already
exists, unless *exist_ok* is True and the existing directory has the
same mode as is specified in the current call.  Also raises an
:exc:`OSError` exception if the directory cannot be created for any
other reason."

Georg has already patched that paragraph. I will let him decide if any further change is needed.

Terry