On 12/8/2010 2:00 PM, Vinay Sajip wrote:

Actually, I don't think my response to Nick's post (about concurrent.futures)
could be characterized as "I don't care", as I even made a specific proposal
about how a change could be implemented.

Your proposal struck me as probably the best way forward. Can you code it up and put a patch on the tracker that people can test before the next beta?

A couple of other notes:
1. The number of participants in this thread is probably larger than average. So I think the responses so far can be taken as representative of those here who care enough to say something. 2. To me, Django is more an app framework than a mere 'library', and one with extra problems of error reporting in that it needs to send messages to both client and server and possibly elsewhere. So I as a user would expect it to embody extra thought about message disposition relative to a typical library.

--
Terry Jan Reedy