On 12/18/2010 4:37 PM, Grygoriy Fuchedzhy wrote:
Hi.
I've created bug on bugtracker, and then I was told there that I should
post this on this mailing list for discussion.
Here is link to bug: http://bugs.python.org/issue10730

Please add'.svgz':'.svg.gz'  map to mimetypes.suffix_map

This issue is actually a request to add .svg to the types map and the the abbreviation .svgz for .svg.gx to the suffix_map.

I believe Scalable Vector Graphics are well on the way to becoming *the* standard vector graphics format for the web, especially with upcoming IE9 support. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Svg It (they) are already supported by the other major browsers. In addition, "Google announced on 31 August 2010 that it had begun to index SVG content on the web, whether it is in standalone files or embedded in HTML."

So it might be sensible to add these now rather than two years from now. But if it is too late for 3.2, then I expect addition for 3.3 will be obvious.

--
Terry Jan Reedy