On 9 Jan, 08:09 pm, g.rod...@gmail.com wrote:
A strong +1.
Projects such as Twisted would certainly benefit from such an addiction.

Eh. There would probably be some benefits, but I don't think they would be very large in the majority of cases. Also, since adding it to 2.x would be prohibited, it will be at least several years before Twisted actually benefits from its addition to the standard library.

Plus, Pavel Pergamenshchik wrapped sendfile for Twisted already many years ago, but no one was interested enough to actually land the change in trunk.

However, if it would help, I'm sure Pavel's code can be contributed to CPython. If anyone would like to take a look:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/branches/sendfile-585-4/twisted/python/test/test_sendfile.py

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/branches/sendfile-585-4/twisted/python/_sendfile.c

Jean-Paul