On 1/19/2011 6:05 PM, Alexander Belopolsky wrote:
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Brett Cannon<br...@python.org>  wrote:
..
Indeed.  Last time I looked, we still had cProfile in stdlib.

Yes, but that is because no one got around to hiding cProfile behind
profile before we released Python 3.0. I would still like to see it
(slowly) go away from being directly visible.

Another big offender is the idlelib package.  Most of the modules
there are in mixed case.

Given that the individual modules are not documented and that the only programs importing the individual modules are other idlelib modules (true?) then a rename should be possible. In the other hand, the same facts sort of make it unnecessary ;-).

--
Terry Jan Reedy