On 1/22/2011 2:20 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:04:00 -0500
Terry Reedy<tjre...@udel.edu>  wrote:
The 3.x docs mostly started fresh with 3.0. The major exception is the
What's new section, which goes back to 2.0. The 2.x stuff comprises
about 650KB in the repository and whatever that translates into in the
distribution. I cannot imagine that anyone who only has 3.x and no 2.x
version would have any interest in the 2.x history. And of course, the
complete 2.x history will always be available with the latest 2.7.z. And
the cover page for 3.x could even say so and include a link. So why not
remove it from the 3.2 release (and have two separate pages for the
online version)?

Well, is there any point in doing so, apart from saving 650KB in the
repository? I'm not sure we care about the latter (right now the
whole source tree is more than 50MB, and that's without version
control information).

I was only proposing actual removal of what to me is noise from the windows help file (now 5.6 mb) with a link to the online version. But the idea is rejected. Fini.

--
Terry Jan Reedy