On 3/5/2011 7:37 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
I am trying to fix the hgeol settings for the vcproj files, with little
success so far. I created

http://hg.python.org/sandbox/hgeol/

which merely changes the .hgeol file. Now, if you enable the eol
extension, and check this branch out, you immediately get a report
(from hg status) that you have modified all these files. That is
surprising, since you didn't change any file at all.

So how can I fix this properly: so that all files have CRLF, but
are still attributed to whoever last modified them, rather than
having them attributed to me?

I'm not sure it's possible. If you look at Antoine's changes to Lib/email/test/data/msg_26.txt in 2.7 earlier today where he changed the line endings, it appears he changed every line so it will be attributed to him.

Eric.