On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 09:25:07 -0500
s...@pobox.com wrote:

> I have a trivial little documentation patch for csv.rst.  I committed it
> locally, then I pulled and merged:
>
>     cpython% hg pull
>     pulling from ssh://h...@hg.python.org/cpython
>     searching for changes
>     adding changesets
>     adding manifests
>     adding file changes
>     added 94 changesets with 422 changes to 154 files (+1 heads)

94 changesets? If you want to avoid risking conflicts, you should "hg
pull" and "hg up" (or "hg pull -u") before you start working on
something (just like you "svn up"'ed before working on something).

> The dev guide says something about collapsing changesets.  Is that
> collapsing commits within a changeset or collapsing multiple changesets
> (whatever that might be)?  Do I need this for a trivial change?  Can I just
> push at this point?  Once pushed, how does it get merged into the main
> codebase?

Sincerely, I would really recommend that you read a Mercurial tutorial.
We could answer all your questions one by one but that wouldn't help you
much if you don't understand the concepts.

Regards

Antoine.