On 5/9/2011 1:54 PM, R. David Murray wrote:

If I do 'hg log' and search for a revno (that I got from hg annotate),
the commit message describing the change is not attached to that revno,
nor as far as I know is there a tool that makes it easy to get from that
revno to the explanatory commit message.  That's what Victor and I are
talking about.  Is there a tool that fixes this problem?  (svnmerge did a
nice job of that from the automate-the-message-generation end of things).

TortoiseSvn, and I presume TortoiseHg also, has a 'recent messages' box that makes is trivial to reuse a message. I used it with svn and will make sure to use it, if it exists, when I get started with hg.
--
Terry Jan Reedy