On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 7:25 AM, David Robinow <drobi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Cygwin is not really a supported platform.

> [Ultimately somebody with an
> interest in cygwin will need to get active in python development. I've
> been meaning to do this but life gets in the way.]

I was bitten by the lack of Cygwin support in 3.2 as well.

IMO,  python-dev needs continuous integration on a build farm that includes
representative platforms.  Most of the machines in the farm could be
virtualboxes.

I don't think the problem is so much that the right people haven't gotten
involved, as that the currently-involved people don't know when they're
breaking something for someone else due to the lack of continuous
integration.