Hi,

On 27/07/2011 16.35, Eli Bendersky wrote:

> 1. In the documentation of test.support mention explicitly that it's code
> for CPython's internal use only, and these APIs aren't guaranteed to be
> stable.

There is a top-level note at
http://docs.python.org/dev/library/test.html, but it won't be visible
by people who arrive at an anchor point.

I think officially documenting test.support is a mistake. There is no
guarantee that APIs are stable or will even continue to exist.
Docstrings are sufficient for own our purposes.

Initially I was *for* documenting, but this thing with showing up in the index is a compelling counter-point.

"The basic version makes entries in the general index; if no index entry is desired, you can give the directive option flag :noindex:." (http://docs.python.org/documenting/markup.html#information-units)

Best Regards,
Ezio Melotti

> 2. Some functions like unlink and rmtree are obviously redundant, and shadow
> frequently used Python stdlib functions, so I would either kill them
> completely or at least rename them appropriately.

They are not redundant, since they provide slightly different semantics
(for example, they silence errors that happen when the path doesn't
exist).

Sure, but I'm still leery of two functions with the same name doing acting slightly differently.

Eli