On Jul 29, 2011, at 7:46 AM, Stefan Behnel wrote:

> Joao S. O. Bueno, 29.07.2011 13:22:
>> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>> Brett Cannon, 28.07.2011 23:49:

>>> Which, given that html5lib readily exists, would likely be a lot more work
>>> than anyone who is interested in HTML5 handling would want to invest.
>>>
>>> I don't think we need a new HTML5 parsing implementation only to have it in
>>> the stdlib. That's the old sunny Java way of doing it.
>>
>> I disaagree.
>> Having proper html parsing out of the box is part of the "batteries
>> included" thing.
>
> Well, you can easily prove me wrong by implementing this.
>
> Stefan

Please don't implement this just to profe Stefan wrong :).

The thing to do, if you want html parsing in the stdlib, is to _incorporate_
html5lib, which is already a perfectly good, thoroughly tested HTML parser, and
simply deprecate HTMLParser and friends.  Implementing a new parser would serve
no purpose I can see.

-glyph