On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Dan Stromberg <drsali...@gmail.com> wrote:
[Steven]
>> Have then been any __future__ features that were added provisionally?
>
> I can't either, but ISTR hearing that from __future__ import was started
> with such an intent.  Irrespective, it's hard to import something from
> "future" without at least suspecting that you're on the bleeding edge.

No, this was not the intent of __future__. The intent is that a
feature is desirable but also backwards incompatible (e.g. introduces
a new keyword) so that for 1 (sometimes more) releases we require the
users to use the __future__ import.

There was never any intent to use __future__ for experimental
features. If we want that maybe we could have from __experimental__
import <whatever>.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)