Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Given the other things regrtest cleans up between tests, I'm not sure
> why it doesn't also kill TESTFN, though.

Well, there's a function regrtest.cleanup_test_droppings which aims to do just
this, and it's called in a finally: block from regrtest.runtest. It's supposed
to print a message if removal fails, and appears to be what prints the "left
behind" message. In my case no "couldn't remove" message was printed, and yet
the file was there later - whether it wasn't properly removed, or whether it was
created in an intervening test, is not easy to determine :-(

Regards,

Vinay Sajip