Am 19.01.2012 01:12, schrieb Steven D'Aprano:

> One on-going complaint is that Python-Dev doesn't have the manpower or time
> do everything that needs to be done. Bugs languish for months or years
> because
> nobody has the time to look at it. Will going to a more rapid release cycle
> give people more time, or just increase their workload? You're hoping that a
> more rapid release cycle will attract more developers, and there is a chance
> that you could be right; but a more rapid release cycle WILL increase the
> total work load. So you're betting that this change will attract enough new
> developers that the work load per person will decrease even as the total work
> load increases. I don't think that's a safe bet.

I can't help noticing that so far, worries about the workload came mostly from
people who don't actually bear that load (this is no accusation!), while those
that do are the proponents of the PEP...

That is, I don't want to exclude you from the discussion, but on the issue of
workload I would like to encourage more of our (past and present) release
managers and active bug triagers to weigh in.

cheers,
Georg