Hi Stefan,

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> could you please stop bashing CPython for no good reason, especially on
> python-dev? Specifically, to call it broken beyond repair is a rather
> offensive claim, especially when made in public.

Sorry if you were offended.  I am just trying to point out that
CPython has a rather large number of *far-fetched* corner cases in
which it is broken.  (If this is news to anyone, sorry, but examples
have been part of the CPython source tree for years and years.)  This
is of course very different from saying that CPython is generally
broken --- I don't think anyone here considers that it is.  My point
is merely to repeat that CPython is not suited to be the (only) line
of defence in any place that needs serious security.  I personally
think that the removal of 'rexec' back around Python 2.3(?) was a good
idea, as such tools give people a false sense of security.

A bientôt,

Armin.