From: python-dev-bounces+kristjan=ccpgames....@python.org
[mailto:python-dev-bounces+kristjan=ccpgames....@python.org] On Behalf Of Guido
van Rossum
Sent: 13. mars 2012 17:27
To: Victor Stinner
Cc: Python Dev
Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] Drop the new time.wallclock() function?

I think wallclock() is an awkward name; in other contexts I've seen "wall clock
time" used to mean the time that a clock on the wall would show, i.e. local
time. This matches definition #1 of
http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/W/wall-time.html (while yours matches
#2 :-).

I agree that it's better to have only one of these. I also think if we offer it
we should always have it -- if none of the implementations are available, I
guess you could fall back on returning time.time(), with some suitable offset
so people don't think it is always the same.
Maybe it could be called realtime()?