On 02.05.2012 15:37, Matt Joiner wrote:

On May 2, 2012 6:00 PM, "Antoine Pitrou" <solip...@pitrou.net
<mailto:solip...@pitrou.net>> wrote:

 > On Wed, 02 May 2012 01:43:32 -0700
 > Larry Hastings <la...@hastings.org <mailto:la...@hastings.org>> wrote:
 > >
 > > I realize we can't jump to C99 because of A Certain Compiler.  (Its
name
 > > rhymes with Bike Row Soft Frizz You All See Muss Muss.)  But even that
 > > compiler added this extension in the early 90s.
 > >
 > > Do we officially support any C compilers that *don't* permit
 > > "intermingled variable declarations and code"?  Do we *unofficially*
 > > support any?  And if we do, what do we gain?
 >
 > Well, there's this one called MSVC, which we support quite officially.

Not sure if comic genius or can't rhyme.

This rhyming non-sense is surely above the English abilities of many of
us foreigners. I had to read Larry's text five times (two times after
you indicated that it indeed ought to rhyme - it finally worked when
I read it aloud).

So, folks: if you want to be understood, please keep the obfuscation
of the English language to a fairly low level.

Regards,
Martin