On 06/14/2012 08:20 PM, Benjamin Peterson wrote:
2012/6/14 Larry Hastings<la...@hastings.org>:
Also, it's more granular than that.  For example, Python now understands
symbolic links on Windows--but only haphazardly at best.  The
"follow_symlinks" argument works on Windows for os.stat() but not for
os.chmod().
Then indeed it's more granular than a parameter being "implemented" or
not. A parameter may have a more restricted or extended meaning on
different operating systems. (sendfile() on files for example).

If you can suggest a representation that can convey this sort of subtle complexity without being miserable to use, I for one would be very interested to see it. I suggest that "is_implemented" solves a legitimate problem in a reasonable way; I wasn't attempting to be all things to all use cases.

//arry/