On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM, David Cournapeau <courn...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:

> >> And One True Way of invoking and/or discovering how to invoke, a
> package's
> >> test suite.
> >

> > How does unittest's test discovery not solve that?
>
> It is not always obvious how to test a package when one is not
> familiar with it. Are the tests in pkgname/tests or tests or ... ?

I would argue that's a packaging problem and not a testing infrastructure
in the stdlib problem. If we want to standardize on always having the tests
in a 'tests' sub-package that's fine, but I don't see unittest or subtest
directly controlling that short of some registration hook that has to be
called to declare where the tests are.