Am 15.05.2013 22:58, schrieb Barry Warsaw:
> I am looking into a particularly vexing Python problem on Ubuntu that
> manifests in several different ways.  I think the problem is the same one
> described in http://bugs.python.org/issue13146 and I sent a message on the
> subject to the ubuntu-devel list:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2013-May/037129.html

please consider that Ubuntu does have some other upgrade issues, when files in
the dpkg database (/var/lib/dpkg/info/*) are corrupted, or just are files
having null bytes.  So these and the pyc issues share in common that these
files are written after a package is unpacked.  I'm not saying that the
problem might be with the pyc writing, but we do see other file corruption as
well.

  Matthias