21.05.13 10:17, Hrvoje Niksic написав(ла):
On 05/20/2013 05:15 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:
1)  Do nothing and be happy I use 'raise ... from None' in my own
libraries

2)  Change the wording of 'During handling of the above exception,
another exception occurred' (no ideas as to what at
the moment)

The word "occurred" misleads one to think that, during handling of the
real exception, an unrelated and unintended exception occurred.  This is
not the case when the "raise" keyword is used.  In that case, the
exception was intentionally *converted* from one type to another.  For
the "raise" case a wording like the following might work better:

     The above exception was converted to the following exception:

That makes it clear that the conversion was explicit and (hopefully)
intentional, and that the latter exception supersedes the former.

How do you distinguish intentional and unintentional exceptions?