Skip Montanaro <s...@pobox.com> writes:

> Where I can [conform to PEP 257], I do, however I often find it
> difficult to come up with a one-liner, especially one that mentions
> the parameters to functions.

I think it's far better to make the synopsis a summary of the purpose of
the function; no need to force the parameters in there if they don't fit
naturally in the sentence fragment.

A list of the parameters and return value can go in the detailed
description.

--
 \       “Theology is the effort to explain the unknowable in terms of |
  `\                         the not worth knowing.” —Henry L. Mencken |