I work on enhancement of audio modules testing [1], and I need free (in both senses) small sample audio files in different formats. We already have audiotest.au (mono, and sunau has a bug in processing multichannel files [2]) and Sine-1000Hz-300ms.aif, but this is not enough. I have generated a pack of files like Sine-1000Hz-300ms.aif by Python, it is enough for regression testing but only if current implementation is correct.

I found some collections of sample files at [3], but I'm not sure about copyright, and perhaps they are a little too big.

In ideal it should be one high-quality (float64?) multichannel (5+1?) but short master file and it's lower-quality copies made by third-party tools. In ideal the content should be related to Python.

[1] http://bugs.python.org/issue18919
[2] http://bugs.python.org/issue18950
[3] http://www-mmsp.ece.mcgill.ca/documents/AudioFormats/