On 12/10/2013 05:05, Ethan Furman wrote:
On 10/11/2013 07:47 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Nick Coghlan writes:

  > (RDM is also right that the exception still has the effect of
  > terminating the block early, but I view names as mnemonics rather
  > than necessarily 100% accurate descriptions of things).

This is just way too ambiguous for my taste.  I can't help reading

[snippers]

How about

     with contextlib.break_on(ExceptionIDontFeelLikeHandlingProperly):
         stmt1
         stmt2
         stmt3

This is not 100% accurate Pythonically (there's no loop to break
here), but it does describe what the context manager does more
accurately, and it does effectively break out of the 'with' control
structure.

+1  (if we have to have it)

While I agree that mnemonics are helpful in the right circumstances, these
aren't them, not for this name.  We aren't
/just/ ignoring the exception, the exception is having a very real effect --
it's terminating the with block.

Perhaps "leave_on" would be more accurate.