On 04.11.2013 17:05, R. David Murray wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:34:46 +0100, Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org> wrote:

>>> The infrastructure team cannot do anything about this, since
>>> the tracker is hosted by Upfront Systems.
>>>
>>> They are hosting the instance at Hetzner in Germany, which does
>>> support IPv6.
>>>
>>> Do we have someone with login permission for the server running
>>> RoundUp ?
>>
>> I think Ezio and Martin have access to the machine, but not necessarily
>> root access; and, furthermore, the problem might be somewhere else on
>> the network.
>>
>> I think the best short-term measure is to disable the IPv6 resolution
>> for bugs.python.org. Otherwise people will run in the same issue over
>> and over again.
>
> We have root, but I don't think that helps.
>
> I currently see this:
>
> eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 6c:62:6d:85:bb:7b
>           inet addr:46.4.197.70  Bcast:46.4.197.71  Mask:255.255.255.248
>           inet6 addr: 2a01:4f8:131:2480::3/64 Scope:Global
>
> so the problem appears to be a network issue (as far as I can see,
> there's no firewall running on the box itself).  Disabling the AAA name
> record until we get a response from upfront sounds like a good idea.
> (I've added the upfront folks as nosy on the ticket Antoine opened
> on the meta-tracker.)

Some things to try on the box:

* ping6 2001:888:2000:d::a2 (that's python.org)

* check whether the web server is actually listening on the
  IPv6 address

* check whether a IPv6 default route is set up

If the first doesn't work, there's likely a router problem with
the server, which only Upfront can resolve (via a support request
to Hetzner or by checking their server IPv6 settings).

Here's the configuration page for the IPv6 setup:

http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Netzkonfiguration_Debian/en

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 04 2013)
2013-11-19: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                 15 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/