On 11/28/2013 4:04 PM, Tim Delaney wrote:
I was just getting Jython working with py.exe, and I think the
documentation can be made a bit more friendly. In particular think we
can make it easier for people to determine the correct folder by
changing the line in 3.4.4.1 Customization via INI files:

Two .ini files will be searched by the launcher - py.ini in the current
user’s "application data" directory (i.e. the directory returned by
calling the Windows function SHGetFolderPath with CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA)
and py.ini in the same directory as the launcher.

Two .ini files will be searched by the launcher - py.ini in the current
user’s "application data" directory (i.e. the directory returned by
executing `echo %LOCALAPPDATA%` in a command window) and py.ini in the
same directory as the launcher.

'Two .ini files will be searched by the launcher' sort of implies to me that the files exist. On my Win7 machine, echo %LOCALAPPDATA% returns C:\Users\Terry\AppData\Local. If I go to Users/Terry with Explorer, there is no AppData. (Same with admin user.) C:\Windows contains py(w).exe, but no py.ini. Clearer would be

The launcher will search for py.ini in two possible places -- first in the same directory as the launcher; second in the current user's "application data" directory <whatever is said about how to find it>.

I am pretty sure that order is important and that my version, not the current version, is correct.

--
Terry Jan Reedy