On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM, anatoly techtonik <techto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> About ill fated initiatives. I don't like when people prematurely close
> tickets
> without waiting for the mutual agreement that the problem is solved. Perhaps
> trackers should have personal "agree/disagree/meh" flags to help other
> people state their opinions...
>
> Perhaps this offence is that makes them closing tickets without
> waiting for reply.
> Reply is not be required to close ticket for valid reason, but the
> point of conflict
> is that I don't like when tickets are prematurely closed under the reason of
> "you. do it right" instead of "let's make it better"...
>
> I am disrespectful to policies, that's right. I believe that policies need to
> be
> revised every couple of years, but nobody do this. Rules that work for
> folks that
> were present at the time the consensus is reached need to be explained
> to those who came later, and still you can't expect them to comply.

Why do you feel that Python is (or ought to be) democratic? It isn't,
and it should not be. Your opinion is, I am sure, given weight when
decisions are made, but ultimately those decisions are not a matter of
"consensus". Why should the policies be revised? Because some people
are coming in who don't like them? Poor reason.

Being impolite will tend to reduce the weight your words are given.
Demanding change is usually unsuccessful unless you can demonstrate a
good reason for that change to happen, and I don't just mean "I hate
your policies and I think it's time you reviewed them".

ChrisA