Right now we're in the "release candidate" phase of 3.4. 3.4.0 rc1 has been released, and the next release will be rc2.

You might think that anything you check in to the "default" branch in Python trunk will go into 3.4.0 rc2, and after that ships, checkins would go into 3.4.0 final. Ho ho ho! That's not true! Instead, anything checked in to "default" between my last revision for "rc1" (e64ae8b82672) and 3.4.0 final will by default go into 3.4.1. Only fixes that I cherry-pick into my local branch will go into 3.4.0 rc2 and final. And my local branch will remain private until 3.4.0 final ships!

If you have a Terribly Important Fix That Must Go Into 3.4.0 rc2 or final, please go to the issue tracker and create a new issue with the following attributes:

   The title should start with "3.4 cherry-pick: " followed by the
   revision id and a short summary
      example: "3.4 cherry-pick: b328f8ccbccf __getnewargs__ fix"
   The version should be "Python 3.4"
   The assignee should be "larry"
   The priority should be "release blocker"
   The comment should *also* contain the revision id (the tracker will
   turn it into a link)

I'm also working on automatically publishing the merged/unmerged revision status to a web page. You can see a mock-up here:

   http://www.midwinter.com/~larry/3.4.merge.status.html

The page is marked "beta" because it doesn't have real data yet--I'm still experimenting with my automation, so I haven't created the real 3.4 local branch yet. Again, just to be crystal-clear: the revisions marked "merged" on that page are just experiments, they aren't actually merged for 3.4. Once I'm ready for real merging, I'll remove the beta warning.

(By the way: on that page, clicking on a revision takes you to the revision web page. Clicking on the first line of the comment expands it to show the complete comment.)

Please use your best judgment before asking that a revision be cherry-picked into 3.4.0. Our goal in the release candidate phase is to stabilize Python, and to do that we must stop changing it. Only important interface changes, new features, or bugfixes should be checked in now, and preferably they should be low-risk.

Cheers,

//arry/