On 5 Mar 2014 12:48, "Larry Hastings" <la...@hastings.org> wrote:

> On 03/04/2014 03:59 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>>
>> I too would like an rc3, especially to see if issue 19021 can be fixed,
which
>> I suspect will hit a lot of people.
>

> I talked to the other guys on the 3.4 team, and we're all willing to do
an rc3 this weekend.  I'll add that to PEP 429.

Thanks Larry, I just saw that commit. It's genuinely appreciated! :)

> In other news, I'm thrilled to confirm something Antoine mentioned a week
or two ago: it is literally impossible for garden-variety core devs to push
new branches back into trunk.  I tried to, early this morning (PST), with
someone logged in to hg.python.org ready to clean up in case it actually
worked.  But happily hg hooks on the server reject new branches every time.

Ah, *now* I understand your concern - yes, that hook was put in place
during the initial migration to Mercurial, but if you weren't aware of it,
then your desire to keep the release clone offline to prevent erroneous
pushes makes a lot more sense to me :)

> Since this banishes my chief objection to publishing the repo where I do
my cherry picking, I'll be publishing that repo this week.  I think I still
have a rebase ahead of me, so I'm going wait until after the latest (and
hopefully last!) round of cherry-picking.  I'll post to python-dev once the
tree is public.

Sweet, thanks!

Cheers,
Nick.