On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 4:31 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After spending some time talking to the folks at the PyCon Twisted
> sprints, they persuaded me that adding back the iterkeys/values/items
> methods for mapping objects would be a nice way to eliminate a key
> porting hassle for them (and likely others), without significantly
> increasing the complexity of Python 3.

I don't see this as a key porting hassle *at all* and I don't understand
why they think this would significantly help their porting (it wouldn't).
The only real barrier is the str/bytes conversion, really, and this is even
more true for projects massively centered around IO, such as Twisted and,
I'm sure, the main (only?) reason why Twisted hasn't been ported yet. They
will get much more benefit from additions such as PEP-461, which is of
great help for verbose protocols such as FTP, not this.

--
Giampaolo - http://grodola.blogspot.com