Quoting "Stephen J. Turnbull" <step...@xemacs.org>:

Mike Miller writes:

 > However, this bug has been shitcanned for a decade.  This is the
 > last chance to fix this bug in a branch that's going to be
 > supported until 2020!

Probably.  I'm not convinced.  But that doesn't really matter.

Your bigger concern is the deafening silence from the senior
committers, which suggests you're going to need to come up with a
stronger argument.  Maybe there's a relevant CVE?

*My* silence is easy to explain: I don't maintain Python 2.7 any longer.
So my view doesn't really matter (although I do support Steve's position).

In any case, I think Mike is following a lost cause. If the maintainer in
charge (i.e. Steve) doesn't want to make a specific change, the only way
to force him would be from "higher up", which could be the release manager,
the BDFL, or a PEP.

Regards,
Martin