> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 07:48:00PM -0700, Jessica McKellar wrote:
>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> Gentlemen,
>> >

>> Thanks for contributing to Python! But not everyone on this list is a guy.
>
> And not all of the guys are gentlemen :-)

And I thought "guys" could be used to address mixed-gender groups (I'm
pretty sure I've heard some "ladies" use it in this setting), but I'm
not a native speaker.

The idea being that one should not infer too much from a salutation
from someone who might not be a native speaker (some languages default
to masculine for a mixed audience), although in this case "Ladies and
gentlemen" is really famous.

In any case, I'm sure he'd like to have his code reviewed by someone,
regardless of its gender!